Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pasta Sensory Tub

I have seen quite a few sensory bins around the blogging world and thought I would give it a try. I made this one with a packet of penne pasta that was out of date and put it in a tub. We started the tub off with some items from the kitchen, including a tea strainer, silicone muffin cups, an egg cup, a spoon and a cake slice. After a few minutes, R added some plates from his kitchen.
He played with this on and off over the day, particularly if I would touch anything in the tub. As the day wore on and interest was dwindling, I removed all the kitchen items, except the spoon and added in some little containers with lids. He filled the containers, closed the lid and shook them. At one stage he was banging them together. 
Finally, I added a couple of pipecleaners. R threaded the pasta onto the pipecleaner after I showed him how to. These couple of changes kept the interest going for quite a while.
This was utilised a fair bit over the day, so I will be attempting a few more sensory tubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment